Some of the most important people in my life are my best girl friends. I am a lucky girl to have found my best girls and today’s blog is for them…
15 Reasons Why I Love My Best Girl Friends:
- You have noticed and asked me why I haven’t blogged in a long time. Thanks for supporting me by reading my blog and encouraging me to get back at it.
- You have made me snort-laugh, which only makes me snort-laugh more. Extra props to those of you who snort-laugh with me.
- You have sent random post-cards to say hello and let me know you are thinking of me. Thank you for brightening my days most unexpectedly.
- You understand that talking on the phone is practically impossible for me with three kids in the house and you happily text along with me. Thanks for enduring my paragraph texts and/or emoji obsession.
- You have eaten frozen pizza at my house on more than one occasion. Thank you for not complaining that I am not a gourmet chef.
- You look past my messy house. Thank you for making it so I don’t even have to apologize for it any more.
- You make Girls Night Out so fun that I have to repeatedly ask my babysitter if I can stay out later. I do not thank you for the babysitting bills I have paid though.
- You understand my enthusiasm for making t-shirts slogans for just about anything. Thank you for not rolling your eyes at me every time.
- You let me be dramatic which sometimes includes me hitting you on your arm or leg or shoving you across the room. Thank you for being my punching bag when I get too excited.
- You have witnessed some of my most embarrassing attributes (non-plucked chin hair, sweaty arm pits, inability to pee when others are within ear shot, etc.) and have loved me anyway. Thank you for letting me borrow tweezers, promising me no one notices my arm pits or leaving the public restroom, etc.
- You love to dance. I’m pretty sure if you are one of my best girls you must love to boogie… at least a little. Or a lot.
- You have pushed me to be a better me. Thank you for the advice, kick in the pants, and support you have given me, even when I’m whining and complaining.
- You have loved my kids almost as much as I do. Thank you for being surrogate Aunts to my kids and giving me a hand in raising the most important people in my life.
- You have encouraged and celebrated and supported Paul and I through the ups and downs of our marriage. Thank you for being there for us when we had babies, deployments, and every day in between.
- You have made me feel loved and accepted and confident in the person I am. Thank you for being my best girl friends!